We have a maximum of 23 children in nursery, a mixture of boys and girls from the ages of the term after their 2 birthday to 5 years. The Ark is open 33 weeks a year, this is divided into three terms each of which has a week for half term.
The school day begins at 9.00am and finishes at 12.05 with the option to add extended days till 2.00pm. Children may start nursery 3,4 or 5 mornings with all children attending 5 mornings the term after their third birthday when they receive the early years funding.
Our staff are highly qualified and experienced with an excellent understanding of children and their needs and those of their families. All staff are DBS checked, first aid and safeguarding trained.
We have a wide selection of educational, constructive, creative and imaginative play equipment. The children have free flow access for most of the morning to a secure stimulating outside area with a large sandpit and climbing frame amongst other things. We see the outside area as extension of the classroom and work hard to ensure all activities are presented in an attractive inviting way that encourages children to develop them as they wish. We endeavour to create an atmosphere where children can learn to take risks within a safe environment.
Established in 1989, a personal nurturing environment where we aim to develop children’s confidence, independence and self esteem enabling them to fulfil their learning potential in the future.
Offering a full varied play based curriculum following the EYFS children extend their learning in all areas. Each child has a key person who works closely with the whole family. Daily observations and individual plans are made to ensure all children progress at a pace suited to their needs.
Our versatile approach to teaching incorporates contemporary methods and maintains traditional values. This ethos stems from over 20 years of teaching experience at nursery level, and a sincere aspiration of wanting each child to have the best possible start in life.
We are registered with the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and on Ofsted’s Early Years Register.
The Ark Nursery’s Vision & Values
At The Ark Nursery we educate and nurture the whole child, providing opportunities for each child to discover and develop their own unique talents and abilities.
Our vision is to present learning opportunities in a stimulating, diverse and fun way. Watching children bloom over their time here into confident and social children means we have achieved our long term aim for them and this will help them fulfil their learning potential in the future.
We are committed to offering the best possible care for young children.
The Ark Nursery’s Mission Statement – Our aims….
- To produce happy and confident children.
- Offer a broad and well rounded education.
- Realise the potential of each child.
- Provide high-calibre staff with an excellent understanding of children and their needs.
- Ensure the parents, teachers and children are part of a team and enjoy their time at The Ark Nursery.
- Install strong family values, which embrace our diverse community.
- Provide opportunities for children to learn through spontaneous, free flow and active learning.
- Provide an equal environment so that everyone is included.
- To use observations and records to support the children in their individual needs and interests.
- Establish a caring and courteous community, which embraces the principal that every child matters.